6.10.10

Me gusta hablar en español

¡Hóla! ¿Cómo está usted?

Bien, ¡gracias! ¿Y tú?

Bien bien...es un muy buen día hoy.

Sí, ¿te gustan las hojas?

Sí por supeusto, porque me gusta el otoño mucho.


I really like Spanish. Today while I was walking into my apartment from the bus, I overheard two ladies who were also heading that way speaking in Spanish, and so I just greeted them in Spanish and ended up having probably about a 5 minute conversation with them about various things such as the day´s activities and the leaves outside, etc. Something about that seriously made my day. I love taking those opportunities when I can; they usually seem to appreciate it, too. These particular people said they don´t speak English. I didn´t really believe them at first but I asked if they were sure in English and they didn´t really reply. :)

Anyway, so things like this brighten my day, and I thought I´d share that with you. What brightens YOUR day? (Notice I like to try to get people to comment on this? Otherwise, I feel like I might as well just be writing in my journal...) :)

Have a beautiful AUTUMN day! When snow falls, it´s snowing; when raindrops fall, it´s raining. Today it´s leafing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I read this!! :) Oh, and btw, I am jealous of your spanish-speaking abilities.

Unknown said...

And in answer to your question. Things that brighten my day -- A card from a friend sent to me snail mail, and/or a mocha or latte from my favorite coffee shop. Also, meeting friends late at night on a dark road and having a great chat is right up there with the rest. :)

Johnny & Gloria said...

Ahh... to be able to speak Spanish...a dream of ours right now! As we step outside our front door, that is the language we hear, day in and day out. We struggle with not being able to communicate! To be able to really communicate with our neighbors for 5 min. would be wonderful! It would even be helpful in understanding the jibberish on the other side of the wall as I'm sitting, feeding Natasha late at night! :-) We are thinking seriously about going to Guatemala to a Spanish school for a few weeks this winter. Anyway, I enjoy your blog!

-Your cuz Gloria

Post a Comment