4.8.13

Hello again!

I felt this blog needed a serious face-lift.  A lot has changed in my life, and in a way, it only made sense my blog would change a bit too.

What has changed?  I moved.  I started a brand new job.  I am applying what I have been studying about for what seems like too long.  Except wasn't it just yesterday that I started out on the college trek? No, it was 5 years ago.  Five plus years ago I remember talking with my girlfriends about what I would do after high-school.  The options seemed endless, but my interest of going to college grew and I decided to go for it.  I knew a little bit about music therapy, I guess enough that I decided on it for my major.

Honestly, folks, looking back it seems hard to believe that it has come and gone.  God knew my desires so much better than I did.  He knew how excited I would get to tell people about music therapy and make music with people for a job (disclaimer: music therapy IS more than that, but that's a blog in itself).  He just knew.  I have met a lot of people, made new friends, failed things miserably, excelled in others.  In a way, school has simply taught me that there's so much more in the world than I will ever learn or know.  But it's equipped me with skills and information for which I am grateful.

I'm starting a new job.  I'm not gonna lie - it feels like a big commitment.  In fact, one thing I had to remind myself when even thinking about getting a job is that it didn't mean I would be doing that for 30 years (something about that would be hard for me to swallow - fear of commitment?  Maybe).  I'm not exactly in a place I dreamed I would be or doing anything I consider to be exotic.  Yet, He's given me a peace about being here, and I choose to rest in that.  Five years ago, I did not see what all was going to happen before I applied for school.  Similarly, I don't know what will happen in the next 5 years.  But isn't that just part of life?  Isn't that part of trust?  Also, clarification: although it may not seem exotic, I am super excited to be here.  I am excited to share music with people and for people.  I am excited that I am so close to my sister and her family.  That's an answer to a prayer I don't even know I prayed.  I am excited to live life to the fullest, to find friends, to worship Jesus and share His love, to live with passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment