While this list could go on and on, I will stop and give you the answer to the first question: these are all activities that my cousin Teresa and I used to spend doing for hours of our time. Why did we have so much time to spend doing these things? Because we're both the youngest of our siblings and were therefore spoiled. There. I said it. :) Not to mention the fact that we grew up practically inseparable, and living next door to each other. So, great times ensued, and many many memories were made.
Over the last couple of years, Teresa and I have been close, and our relationship has deepened and matured (thankfully!). We've had the privilege of working together, having many heart to hearts, and sometimes both of those at the same time. :) She's truly an invaluable friend of mine, and Teresa, I'm so blessed to have you in my life!
So, anyway, why am I saying all this? Welllll, the other month, Teresa got married! Now, we may have planned many a wedding in the day, complete with a program and Canon in D, but there was always the problem of no groom. Well, on Feb. 18th, that was not the case. :) Aaron Wagler played the part just perfectly. In fact, not only did he make a good groom, but he has been making an excellent husband for Teresa. The two are so cute together. :)
Here's something they "said" in their program insert at the wedding, after sharing the story of how they met:
Our journey in life is no coincidence. We strongly believe that God had His hand in our lives all along, and even more-so now, as we strive to live for Him. He brought us here, and is the only One who can take us Home. We want to honor Him in every aspect of our lives.Fantastic, huh?
Their wedding, by the way, was beautiful. They chose green, black, and white as their colors, and it was very pretty. One of my favorite things about the reception decorations were the chocolate-dipped pretzels in jars on the tables. So cute. :) Teresa's style clearly came out--simple, but classy and nice.
I managed to get some pictures. :)
The happy couple.
Besties. :)
Upon a casual interview (via text message, haha), the couple shared a little about married life. It ended up being a little sappy, but hey, they're allowed. :)
Me: What would you say has been your happiest moment being married so far?
Aaron: Hmmm[...]I'd say coming home from work each day exhausted, kissing my beautiful wife, and sitting down to a delish supper. That and waking up every morning next to the most precious and amazing woman in my life. :)
Teresa: One of my happiest married moments is snuggling with Aaron and talking about anything and everything. And also the times when I think about how glad I am that we don't have to be apart for more than a day.
To Aaron and Teresa:
Thanks for letting me be a part of your big day, and even more so, be a part of your lives. I love to see how God has brought you together and how you're willing to follow His plan for your lives. Truly, you're an inspiration to me. Love you lots. :)
3 comments:
Lindsay - you did a fantastic job! We've made some good memories. :) we feel honored to be on your blog. Thanks! Love you lots - Teresa Wagler :)
I forgot a couple of things.... :) first of all, you just admitted we were spoiled?? its true. sadly. :) secondly, yes, my husband really does a phenomenal job of taking care of me when I have those fainting spells. :) -Teresa
Hmmm. Thanks for the love. We feel honored :) those fainting spells; slippery when wet... lastly, come visit that dear cousin of yours soon. ~somerandomgreaserfromohio~
Hahahaha!!!! First of all, I love how deadlines bring you to posting on your blog. Now was this on the "to do list?" Sorry, couldn't resist. :) Oh yes, and I did enjoy it anyway.
From your very UNspoiled older and only seeester
Post a Comment