26.11.10

Homework, Thanksgiving, Love

Well, this day would not quite be complete without a blog post.  Why do I say that?  Because I'm at a coffee shop studying, of course!  Now that I've updated my bank account, caught up on facebook, gone through my email inbox, and guzzled some coffee, it's time to post and then dive into the monstrous pile of homework awaiting me.  Aah, the life of a college student.  Now, lest you're rolling your eyes and tapping your fingers thinking, "What are college students coming to these days?!" consider the fact that it is Thanksgiving break right now. :)

Speaking of Thanksgiving break, what a fabulous one it has been!  Starting off with a MT conference in Ohio with a group of students from school, and followed by a trip to Canada to visit my boyfriend...good good times.  It hasn't been a typical Thanksgiving, but it's sure been a great one.  And for that, I am thankful. :)

I just thought how it would be fun to blog about some verses I've read recently or a good sermon that "stuck out to me," but to be honest, I feel like I'd be making it up right now.  You know those times in your life where you want to read the Bible, you want to pray more, you want to be in love with Jesus, but when it comes down to actually spending the time that it takes, it doesn't happen?  I guess that's kinda where I'm at right now.  While I'm definitely not proud about this situation, I do take comfort in these things:
a) Jesus knows me and loves me no matter what.
b) He wants to spend time with me as well, and is actually jealous for me and that time.
c) He's the ultimate Lover and Pursuer and is not passive about our relationship.
d) He will never leave me or forsake me.
e) He will always keep His promises.
f) Our relationship doesn't have to stay in this less-than-vibrant stage.

Wow, does it ever just blow you away how blessed we are to know Him?  If YOU have some good verses, a thought, or other comment, I'd love to hear it!

Oh, and I bet having the word Love in the title gave you extra energy to read this to the end. :)  As it should, I suppose...

No comments:

Post a Comment